PRICES FROM: $62.55 per year with Hostgator Coupon.
Please note that we are no longer updating this review. For the later views, opinions, news and discounts you should visit our Sister site Best Host News. You can find our latest Hostgator review here: http://www.besthostnews.com/hostgator/review/. There is quite a fair amount of updated information, so it really is worth going to this site rather than relying on our review below. What’s more, our new site covers all the latest Hostgator news, so you should really check it out if you are considering using them for hosting.
Hostgator Review Introduction
Hostgator has been around for over 10 years. Based in Houston, Texas it was founded by a university student Brent Oxley. Since its humble beginnings, it has grown into one of the best known, and best loved hosting providers with more than 5,000 servers.
In 2012, the Endurance International Group (EIG) purchased Hostgator for $225 million. EIG is the same company that owns Bluehost and HostMonster, so you know it is a reliable host.
Our Review on Hostgator Hosting
Hostgator offer a wide range of web hosting services, from reseller, VPS to dedicated servers. We shall in our Hostgator review concentrate on their shared plans, as whether you use it for personal or business use, their shared plans should be more than adequate for most people.
What’s Good about Hostgator?
- Reliable web hosting services – Fast and extremely reliable hosting servers (over 99.9% uptime), and they have been around for over 10 years. These are people you can trust to be around for a long time to come.
- Eco-friendly hosting – Hostgator currently produce more energy from wind power (30% more) than they use. This makes them an extremely green company.
- CPanel – They use the standard cPanel, which is extremely user friendly, and has all the tools and features that make managing your site very easy. One of the most important reasons we always recommend cPanel, is that the majority of web hosting companies will transfer your site for free from your old host if you have this. Indeed, Hostgator will transfer your site for free when you sign up provided your own host uses cPanel.
- Great customer support – Their support staff know what they are doing. Support is offered via 24/7 toll-free phone, live chat, email, and via their forum. One of the unique aspects of Hostgator is that they monitor their forums, and are very quick to give support on there. This is great for more general queries, where you perhaps do not wish to open a ticket.
- Longer money back trial period – You can try out Hostgator with their 45 days money back guarantee, which is longer than most hosts.
- Lots of hosting options – HostGator have been around for a long time, and they can provide the flexibility you need with hosting should you need to upgrade or expand.
Whats Bad about Hostgator?
- Expensive – We are a believer that you get what you pay for, and with Hostgator that is no exception. Whilst they are a little pricey in comparison to their competition, they simply provide a better service with excellent technical support. Well worth the small additional cost of a few dollars per month in our opinion. If you take advantage of our coupons, you can save 25% on their standard price, which is well worth doing.
- No free domain – HostGator does not offer free domain name, but bearing in mind you can pick these up for $10 or under, we don’t see this as much of an issue.
Is Hostgator Hosting Recommended?
The simple answer is YES. Hostgator in our opinion is one of the most reliable hosting providers, with support that is second to none. Whilst we do not yet know how their acquisition by EIG will bear down on our opinion, bearing in mind our positive reviews of other companies they run, we do not see this as a negative thing.
We RECOMMEND Hostgator simply because of the reliability, and great service offered.